In May 2014, I graduated from the University of Florida. I didn’t have a job. But 3 weeks later, I was hired by the company that I worked for up until recently. In fact, June was my 3 year anniversary with my first employer, and this past month (July) I started with my new job!
I have grown so, so much in the last 3 years, both professionally and personally.
At work, I:
- Got promoted to a new department (PPC, from being a writer)
- Transitioned to a dual role, working as a social media specialist in addition to my role as a PPC Analyst
- Made a lot of new friends, gained a lot of new skills, and developed valuable professional relationships
- Got a new job as a Search Engine Marketing/ Digital Marketing Specialist
In my personal life, I:
- Lived on my own
- Lived with a roommate
- Moved in with a significant other
- Traveled to countless new states and cities, and even a new country
- Tried new hobbies (such as running)
- Met Sean
- Got my anxiety disorder to a manageable place
It’s funny – on the day-to-day, I feel like I’ve gone nowhere in my personal journey. But when I really reflect and look back, I’ve done so much and I’m honestly impressed with myself.
I really made my life my own. I worked hard and in doing so I gained new skills that have allowed me to grow my career in marketing. In three years I had three different job functions, and then I recently took a giant leap and accepted a position now where my skill-set is only going to grow more. It’s exciting. But the best part? It was my own hard work that got me here. I have been presented opportunities, for sure, but I made them what they are. I earned it every step of the way. And that’s an empowering feeling.
The result of working hard – making money – let me do the thing I really wanted to do: travel. In the last three years I’ve gone to Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee, Louisiana, Virginia, Texas, and New York. I also went on a cruise to Mexico and took a dreamy trip to France. Holy mileage, Batman!
And I did other things. I made a bunch of new friends that I couldn’t imagine my life without now. I ran 4 half marathons. I met the person I’m going to spend the rest of my life with. I found a therapist who really helped me find my happy place. You know, casual things that end up being the big things when you look back.
It’s been a good three years. I’m ready for the next three.
What are some of your accomplishments in the last 3 years? Did any positive life events happen for you, too? Sound off in the comments to spread some positivity!